Saturday, January 06, 2007

how to start a blog

How do you start a blog? No really, I don’t mean how do you start it (it took me a while but now I’ve finally figured it out), but I mean how do you begin? Where do you begin? How do you give it the flavour it should have? And how do you know that that flavour is the right one? I guess the first question I need to ask myself is: what do you want your blog to be about? Well, if I’m honest with myself, I want my blog to be about friends, moments in life, anecdotes, clothes and clothes swaps, cats, dogs, people, the weather, shopping, work, films, television, weird obsessions with various fictional characters, what I did on NYE, and whatever else comes to mind. So that means pretty much everything. Now how is that a true direction?

I told a friend of mine once that I wanted to start a magazine.

He said: “What will it be about?”

I said: “Everything.”

He said: “You can’t do that.”

Can I do it with a blog?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you can!

Welcome to the blogging world.

Julie said...

Merci Patrick!

Maintenant je ne suis plus une imposteure aux soirées yul blog.