Friday, January 19, 2007

What do you wish for when you wish?


I've been in a weird mood these days...what with the snow, my period, and all these reflective thoughts on my life and where it's going, my family. On the one hand, I know hormones have a lot to do with it, but on the other hand, my introspection has brought some interesting conclusions.


I was discussing the present state of my life with friends I hadn't seen in a while and while I was talking, all these mature comments on how to find what you want in life came out of my mouth. As I was saying them, I was truly wondering where all this was coming from. I guess I had been thinking it but never got a chance to say it. Goes to show how therapeutic it can be to talk, and to write. To let it all out somehow.

Anyway, upon being asked why I was still single, I answered that it was because I obviously wasn't ready to meet someone. Or didn't want to. Or I was waiting for the right person to come along, at which point I would snatch him up without a second thought and we would live happily ever after.

Thus ensued a discussion on how to get what you really want out of life. You know, one of those conversations that can only take place when 5 women aged between 25 and 35 get together over good food and wine. Nonetheless, what came out of it was pretty interesting.

"If you really want something, think about it and visualise it concretely in your head and you will make it happen. For example, if you want a house, you can't just think that you want a big house. It needs to be concrete. So you have to think that you want a 3-bedroom house with a fireplace, a big kitchen, a backyard, and whatever else you want in it."

Hmmm...that makes sense, doesn't it? Apparently, it's been proven many times over by psychologists and physicists around the world (unfortunately, we weren't able to come up with concrete names) that this actually works.

Let's try it: I want a supportive, funny, loving, positive, calming mate. Tall, dark hair and eyes. Medium built. Large shoulders.

Okay, sounds like a personal ad. But what have I got to lose? It might actually work.

While I'm at it...I want a little house on the plateau. Hardwood floors, 3 bedrooms, large sunny kitchen with cathedral ceilings, a backyard with a deck and patio doors, a large bathroom with a large bath and glass shower. Oh, and lots of windows and sunlight. And let's throw in a parking spot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Un pas de plus que moi. Parce que moi je sais vraiment pas ce que je veux. En fait, je veux rien et tout en même... ;)

Julie said...

Commence pas des petites choses...comme par exemple, un nouveau divan, ou une nouvelle caméra, ou des nouvelles bottes, ou une nouvelle saccoche...et puis ensuire, tout le reste va suivre tranquillement ;)

Julie said...

Commence pas des petites choses...comme par exemple, un nouveau divan, ou une nouvelle caméra, ou des nouvelles bottes, ou une nouvelle saccoche...et puis ensuire, tout le reste va suivre tranquillement ;)

Julie said...

oops...ça fait 2 fois. véro, qu'est-ce que j'ai fait encore de pas correct?

Anonymous said...

En tant que responsable de ce blogue, tu as le privilège d'effacer les commentaires au besoin.

Et puis qu'est qu'il a mon vieux divan?